Things to do near The Inn at Pine Terrace
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin is known for its beautiful and peaceful recreational lakes. Situated in the heart of Lake Country, the city of Oconomowoc sits on 3 major lakes: Lake Fowler, Lac La Belle and Oconomowoc Lake. Our downtown is situated on the south side of Fowler and is just a short walk from the inn.
Taking a walk around Fowler Lake is a must. Whether you take your stroll in the morning, mid-day or evening, the lake’s charm and beauty can’t be missed. Our downtown holds true to its historical nature. Many 100-year-old buildings and homes still line our streets. There’s Tudor, Greek Revival, Queen Anne and Castle architecture to enjoy. The downtown shops and restaurants offer variety and fun.
It’s easy to fill a day in Oconomowoc and stay with us at the Inn at Pine Terrace.
1. Arrive at 3pm to check in and take a moment to tour the other guest rooms at the inn. Each one is planned and decorated differently. Discover more about the history of the inn and city.
2. Settle into your guest room, then head down to the pool for a dip or relax in the parlor or sunroom with a good book. Bed and breakfast travelers often meet new friends and our Parlor promotes gathering on comfortable couches and chairs.
3. Walk or drive downtown for shopping, coffee, ice cream, gelato, or a meal. Our wonderful storefronts include The Gallori, Beverly’s Designs, Le Cheval, Scentsory, Bangles & Bags, Betrothed Boutique, Thunder Mountain Press art Gallery, Sherpers, La Belle Legacy, Kowabunga Comics, The Purple Giraffe, and more!
4. A meal in Oconomowoc is casual. Local owners take pride in their establishments and are friendly. They are happy to receive guests from near and far! The city has a variety of cuisine to offer. Along with traditional restaurant choices, Oconomowoc has bars, diners, coffeehouses, wine bars, and a food truck.
5. Drinks offer plenty of options in Oconomowoc too. Outdoor seating is especially appealing at Splash (a martini bar on Lac La Belle), Lakerz (rooftop seating on Fowler Lake), and Fiesta Cancun (Margaritas and beers). Beer variety reigns at Crafty Cow. Vino Etc satisfies the wine lover.
6. Oconomowoc features entertainment to suit all tastes. Check out our attractions link for ideas. Create a lasting memory and enjoy your night!
7. In the morning, gather for an amazing breakfast. Sip hot coffee. Enjoy fresh baked pastries. The meal is planned to energize and delight.
8. Extended stays need only repeat the process. Consider renting a pontoon boat and heading out on one of the beautiful lakes or going for a bike ride around Lac La Belle. Visit the city’s museum. Access other beautiful lake country communities. A great visit might mean relaxing on the inn’s grounds, in the pool, sunroom, or porches. Enjoy your stay!
- Local Oconomowoc events Calendar
- Fowler Lake, Lac La Belle:
- The inn is within walking distance of both lakes
- From the inn, a 2.25 mile loop around Fowler Lake takes you over the isthmus, through Oconomowocs’ charming main street, and past city parks.
- Remember to bring your fishing license, rod, and reel
- Lac La Belle City Park and Beach offers swimming and watercraft rentals
- City Park has a band shell with free summer concerts
- Moonlit Movies in Fowler Park during the summer
- Boating is available on both lakes
- Antiquing, Consignment, and Resale Shops
- Performing Arts
MUSEUMS, PARKS, HISTORICAL SITES
ART STUDIOS & GALLERIES
Fine gift shop where you can find Dept56, Grandfather clocks, Hallmark, Clinique and a pharmacy
1260A Brown St, Oconomowoc
Old Lynndale Farm
Folk style gift shop with Yankee candles, interior decor, signs and furniture
N47 W2870 Lynndale Rd, Pewaukee
Nicely displayed antique shop in an old red barn.
W359 N5780 Brown St, Oconomowoc
Large selection of antiques from over 100 dealers.
201 N Fowler St, Oconomowoc
Colorful clothing and fun decor and jewelry
149 E Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc
Flooring and unique home interior decorations
E Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc
Great craft and seasonal decorations store. Nice prices
1083 Summit Ave, Oconomowoc
The Book Store
Nice selection of books for all ages and interests
Summit Ave, Oconomowoc
Johnson Creek Prime Outlets
Calvin Klein, Pac Sun, Harry and David, Nautica, Nike and much more
Right off Interstate 94 on Hwy 26
Target store for your basic needs
Just south of interstate 94 off Hwy 83
Basic clothing needs. Many other shops in this area too.
Just north of interstate 94 off Hwy 83
Our closest Mall (about 30 minutes east on 94)
95 N Moorland Rd, Brookfield
There are many excellent restaurants in Oconomowoc and the surrounding area.
Fine Lakeside Dining German/Continental/Live Entertainment Fri and Sat
W349 N5293 Lacy’s Lane, Okauchee
Fine Lakeside Dining German/Continental
1807 Nagawicka Road, Hartland
Red Circle Inn
Wisconsin’s oldest running restaurant. Classy food in a quaint old stagecoach stop
N44 W33013 Watertown Plank Rd, Nashotah
Family run casual German dinner
39877 Hwy 16, Oconomowoc.
Nice upscale dining overlooking Silver Lake
37238 Valley Rd, Oconomowoc
Fun atmosphere.. Live music on Thursdays. The food and drink are authentic Irish fare.
114 N. Main St, Oconomowoc.
A renovated train station makes for interesting ambiance as the trains race by.
115 E Collins St, Oconomowoc.
Joe Armeli’s Meat-N-Place
Fine dining, Italian and American food
N67 W33525 Hwy K, Stone Bank
Kurt’s Steak House
Casual Streak House dining, a local favorite
2 W Main St. Delafield,
Casual dining, Cajun and creole seafood.
1704 Milwaukee Delafield
629 Main St, Delafield
Casual Asian dinning
Route 67, Oconomowoc
Casual classic Mexican food
Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc
For a full list of events click here
Glacial Drumlin Trail
52-mile long trail from Cottage Grove to Waukesha. Parts are paved. Good fro hiking, biking, cross county skiing and rollerblading
W329 N846, County Hwy. C
Delafield, WI 53018
443-acre park nestled among rolling hills, woodlands and wetlands. Has 6 miles of groomed cross country skiing and hiking trails
W330n5113 County Road C
Nashotah, WI 53058
Kettle Moraine park / Lapham Peak
This parks glaciated topography is great for mountain biking and hiking. In the winter, it offers lighted cross-country ski trails. A 45-foot tower (with stairs) provides a great view of the local lakes and forests.
W329 N846 Co. C
Delafield, WI 53018
The Bike Doctor…rent right on the Glacial Drumlin trail
105 N Main St, Dousman
Horse-draw sleigh and carriage rides
Al’s Bait Shop. Fishing boat rentals and tackle shop
34048 Delafield Rd, Oconomowoc
Tinus Marine. Pontoon Boat Rentals
307 E Forest St, Oconomowoc
Downtown canoe and kayak rentals/ Explore Lac la Belle
On the Oconomowoc City Beach
Retzer Nature Center
Waukesha park offering shoe shoeing and rentals
S14 W28167 Madison
Home of the Milwaukee Brewer’s baseball team
1 Brewers Way
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Multiplex movie theater. 14 screens
2950 Hillside Dr,
Locally famous Dinner and Live theater show
1131 Janesville Avenue
Business HWY 26 South
Historic mansion home of two roaring 20’s Hollywood movie/dance stars. Beautifully restored home and grounds tours (closed in Winter)
S43 W31575 Depot Rd, Genesee Depot
The Octagon House
This 57 room 8 sided home was build just before the Civil War broke out. daily tours. Also located on the grounds is America’s first Kindergarten.
919 Charles St, Watertown
Old World Wisconsin
Authentic recreation of farm life in the old days when Wisconsin was at the edge of the wilderness.
Highway 67, Eagle
See one of the great local “Beer Baron’s” estates.
2000 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee
Oconomowoc Historic Trail
Take a walk around Fowler lake and pass by homes and parks showcasing our town’s 130-year history. The Inn is an important part of the town’s history.
Start at the Inn and make a loop around downtown.
A beautiful church in one of the high points in southern Wisconsin. Free and open to the public. You can take a 168-step climb to the top of one of the steeples for a great view or the area. One of the most visited sites in Southern Wisconsin
1525 Carmel Rd,
Very nice zoo for the young and the old
10001 W Bluemound Rd,
Milwaukee Museum of Art
The building itself is a work of art! The exhibits cover a wide range of periods. There is always something new in the section for visiting exhibits.
700 N Art Museum Dr.